These RECREATIONAL ONCE A WEEK classes are for students aged from 6-13. They are wonderful for confidence, musicality, self esteem and fitness. Plus heaps of FUN. They are also super easy for busy parents with 5 different classes ALL in the ONE afternoon! Big range of ages so siblings can even come together.
No uniform required! No exams! No competitions!
Focus on confidence! Ideal for beginners!
Give students a head-start at school as the Arts have just become COMPULSORY in primary schools.
Tap Dance – Monday 3.45 pm – 4.30 pm – Make a noise and have some fun. Builds fitness and develops rhythm. Classes include a warmup, technical steps and the fun of learning a routine ready for concert time!
Speech and Drama – Monday 4.30 pm – 5.15 pm – Speech and Drama develops fantastic communication skills, confidence and self esteem. Students become articulate speakers with clear, correct speech. With so many oral presentations now expected at school it should be compulsory for all children. We start class with a drama games, concentration exercises and vocal warmups. The middle part of each lesson is spent working on the presentation of age appropriate literature such as prose, plays and poetry. The final part of the lesson includes acting, mime, drama and improvisation.
Acrobatics – Monday 5.15 pm – 6.00 pm – Great for strength and flexibility and a firm favourite with students. Includes warmup, stretch and strength exercises, individual tricks such as handstands, rolls, cartwheels, walkovers and flips as well as partner and group balances and lifts
Jazz/Hip Hop – Monday 6.00 pm – 6.45 pm – A very active class with all the latest moves just like you see on TV. Includes elements of commercial modern jazz along with the fun of hip hop! Classes begin with warmup and stretch and include steps and routine construction.
Singing – Monday 6.45 pm – 7.30 pm – Sound like a star with our professional microphones! We start each class with a vocal warmup including scales and exercises. The second part of the class we focus on learning songs. We cover songs from musical theatre shows, traditional favourites and modern pop songs. The third part of the class varies. We may learn some actions to go with our latest song or try it out individually on the microphones.
- Wear: Something comfy and easy to move in. Tap shoes needed for tap class. They are available from any dance store. We recommend Sue’s Shop – The Dance Warehouse 5/112 Coonan St, Indooroopilly. firstname.lastname@example.org PH 33783502
- Schedule: Classes run in four terms each year that align with school terms (approx 10 weeks each)
- Price: Fees are payable the first week of term.
- $155 per term – a single class
- $275 per term – any 2 classes
- $375 per term – any 3 classes
- $465 per term – any 4 classes
- $555 per term – ALL 5 classes – Speech & Drama, Singing, Tap, Acrobatics, Jazz/Hip Hop.
- Open days: As there are no parents in regular classes, we offer an open day near the end of term one when you may come along and watch. Exact dates will be emailed.
- Contacts: Parent Portal – Calendar – Billing enquiries – General studio enquiries
- Performance: Our end of year recital is a chance for children to dress up in costume and perform on a big stage with lovely lights etc. All performers have the chance to take part. Anticipated date is Sunday 9 December.
- Insurance: We are covered by full $20 million public liability. All our teachers have suitable qualifications and a blue card from the Commission for Children and Young People.
- Parking: Please observe our parking requirements.