For students turning 14 or older during the year.
An exciting program and challenging for students who are highly motivated and love performing. Students attend ONLY two days a week but cover an amazingly comprehensive Performing Arts program in those two days. On a Friday students study Tap, Ballet, Jazz, Speech and Drama, Singing and Musical Theatre. On a Saturday we have timetabled Ballet, Pointe, Acrobatics, Stretch and Strength, Jazz technique and our wonderful “Dance” class where we cover different genres each week. Eg cabaret, jazz, hip hop, contemporary, slow modern.
- Times: Friday 4.15 pm – 9.00 pm AND Saturday 11am-5.00pm
- Includes: Tap, Jazz, Ballet X 2, Pointe, Speech & Drama, Singing, Musical Theatre, Acrobatics, Stretch and Strength, Jazz Technique and “Dance” class.
- Wear: All students wear a Kidz-N-Co Talent uniform
- Girls – Kidz-N-Co Talent black leotard (or own choice plain black leotard) and black tights -short or long (buy from reception) | Pink leather ballet shoes, pointe shoes pink ballet tights, black jazz shoes, camel-coloured tap shoes (Buy these from any ballet shop) | Hair in a neat bun |
- Boys – Kidz-N-Co Talent black shorts and black socks and double singlet (buy from reception) | black leather ballet shoes, black jazz shoes and black tap shoes (Buy from any ballet shop)
- Schedule: Classes run in four terms each year that align with school terms (approx 10 weeks each)
- Dance Store: Closest is Triple S Dance Boutique 3/16 Mayfield Rd, Moorooka. sssdesign.com.au
- Price: $785 per term. Fees are due first week of term.
- Contacts: Parent Portal – Calendar – Billing enquiries – General studio enquiries
- Performance: Performance students are offered many performance opportunities during the year.
- *First term is focused on dance eisteddfod preparation. Students have rehearsals Friday 5.15-5.45pm, Saturdays 2.15-2.45pm and 5-6pm. Those still in 15 and under also have Saturday 9-10.30am. Click here for more information.
- *In July students sit their classical ballet examinations with the Royal Academy of Dance. There are essential extra classes in the second week of the June/July holidays. Dates to keep free are 4-7 July for classes and the first week of term three for exams.
- *The most important part of our senior training program is preparation for Trinity College London Examinations. These give students an equivalency score they can use for university entrance. We offer exams right up to diploma level in Speech and Drama, Acting Skills, Musical Theatre and Performance Arts. Exams are late October. As compulsory preparation students perform their drama items in the Brisbane Drama eisteddfod in early August and their singing items on SUNDAY 10 SEPTEMBER in our festival at the studio. They also have a private lesson.
- *In June/July holidays we run a traditional pantomime that attracts audiences from all over Brisbane. There are 4 days of rehearsal from 29 June-2 July and then 6 performances 3-8 July. Children will have the opportunity to take part as an optional extra.
- *After dance eisteddfods we work on either drama plays or a musical production. In 2017 it will be drama plays. These will be rehearsed on Wednesdays and you would need to be free Sunday 6, Sunday 13 and Sunday 20 August. Children will be offered the chance to take part as an optional extra.
- *In October students are offered CSTD Jazz and Tap examinations. These are essential for students to be able to progress with their group. Extra classes are over the long weekend 29 September – 2 October and exams between 3-6 October. (First week of term 4)
- Insurance: We are covered by full $20 million public liability. All our teachers have suitable qualifications and a blue card from the Commission for Children and Young People.
- Parking: Please observe our parking requirements.