Performance & Eisteddfods
Our performance teams are a most exciting, successful and fun part of the studio.
Dance performance teams commence rehearsals at the end of January and perform at two eisteddfod competitions in May or June.
Later in the year we do either Drama Plays or Musical Theatre Performances (alternate years).
In the June/July holidays we produce a traditional pantomime.
Students in performance programs are strongly encouraged to take part so as to stay at the standard with their group.
To be offered examinations students will need to attend at least 90% of classes throughout the entire year.
All syllabi lead to internationally recognised qualifications:
- Examinations for Drama and Musical Theatre are first offered at age13
- TCL higher level exams give an “equivalency score” equal to an OP of 9. This can be used for university entrance. Higher level exams in all areas also contribute points to the HSC Certificate in the same way school subjects do.
- The Kidz-N-Co Festival is compulsory for TCL exams and is held on a Sunday in term 3.
- Examinations for Ballet dancing are first offered at age 6
- There are compulsory extra classes for RAD ballet exams in the second week of the June/July holidays
- Examinations for Tap and jazz dancing are first offered at age 9
- Tap and jazz exams are compulsory to progress to the next level.
- Students are marked individually (though they may enter in a group of 2-4)
- There are compulsory extra classes for CSTD dance exams in September/October holidays.