Senior classes are very flexible to allow students to choose the genres and level of commitment that is right for them…..
General Senior Classes
Tap – Thursday 6.30-7.15pm
Advanced level tap class. Students should enrol in this class if they wish to be able to be included in tap, street tap and song and tap items for dance competitions and cabaret night.
Jazz Class – Thursday 7.15-8.15pm
Fast moving and challenging. Warmup, technique and routine construction. Students should enrol in this class if they wish to be eligible for the jazz, cabaret and hip hop numbers in cabaret night and dance eisteddfod competitions.
Lyrical and Contemporary – Thursday 8.15-9.00pm
With a strong basis in classical ballet this is a demanding technical class. Students who wish to learn material for contemporary and lyrical items for cabaret night and dance eisteddfods will need to enrol in this class.
Singing and Drama – Tuesday 7.30-8.30pm
Students should attend this class if they wish to have the opportunity to be included in items such as Musical Theatre, Novelty, Song & Dance and Song & Tap in dance eisteddfods and cabaret night. It is also essential for those wishing to take part in Drama Eisteddfod team.
Theatresports – Thursday 6.00-6.30pm
This is an invitation only class for students with outstanding ability in acting and improvisation. Students compete in theatresports competitions throughout the year.
EXAMINATION Senior Classes
*Please note attending an examination class does not guarantee that students will be ready to sit an examination every year. Some advanced and vocational exams take 18months+ to prepare for so students are entered when they are ready rather than annually.
Advanced RAD Examination Ballet
Friday 7.15-8.15pm AND Saturday 4.30-6.00pm
Intermediate RAD Examination Ballet
Friday 4.15-5.00pm AND Saturday 3.00-3.45pm AND Saturday 4.30-5.15pm
Grades 7-9 CSTD Examination Tap
Grades 7-9 CSTD Exam Jazz
Trinity College London Exam Musical Theatre, Acting and Performance Arts
Browse by DAY……
Singing and Drama 7.30-8.30pm
We also encourage students to add Eisteddfod Class 5.30-7.30pm. Drama eisteddfod in term one and dance later in the year.
Theatresports 6.00-6.30pm (Invitation Only)
Lyrical and Contemporary 8.15-9.00pm
Intermediate ballet EXAM class 4.15-5.00pm
Trinity College London EXAM class 5.00-5.45pm
Tap 7-9 CSTD EXAM class 5.45-6.30pm
Jazz 7-9 CSTD EXAM class 6.30-7.15pm
Advanced ballet EXAM class 7.15-8.15pm
Intermediate Ballet EXAM class 3.00-3.45pm AND 4.30-5.15pm
Advanced Ballet EXAM class 4.30-6.00pm
- Wear: All students wear a Kidz-N-Co Talent uniform
- Girls – Kidz-N-Co Talent or plain black leotard, black crop top and black short tights (buy on parent portal) Pink ballet shoes, pink ballet tights, black jazz shoes, black or camel-coloured tap shoes and pink satin pointe shoes when approved by teacher. (Buy these from any ballet shop) Hair in a neat bun.
- Boys – Kidz-N-Co Talent black activated industry (buy on parent portal)black ballet tights, white energetiks leotard, black or white ballet shoes, black jazz shoes and black tap shoes (Buy all from Sue’s Shop)
- ABSOLUTELY Plain black dance wear is also acceptable for senior classes. Please NO t-shirts, loose shorts or street clothes.
Performance: Performance students are offered many performance opportunities during the year.
- In AUGUST and SEPTEMBER we perform items of all different genres in dance eisteddfods. Everyone has a great time at eisteddfods and it is a wonderful training and learning ground. Items are rehearsed in Eisteddfod class time in term 2 and 3.
- We also work on drama plays (odd years) or musical productions (even years) to perform. These are also rehearsed in the Eisteddfod class timeslots but in term ONE. Drama plays info.
- In JULY and SEPTEMBER holidays we run a traditional pantomime that attracts audiences from all over Brisbane. There are 4-5 days of rehearsal and then 6 performances. Students will have the opportunity to take part as an optional extra. Check the dates on our Calendar
- Our end of year recital in early DECEMBER involves all students and showcases all the different genres they learn.Calendar
- Examinations fall at various times during the year when students are ready.
Insurance: We are covered by full $20 million public liability. All our teachers have suitable qualifications and a blue card from the Commission for Children and Young People.